Top 10 Meditation Quotes to Live By
If you have built a serious relationship with meditation, I’m sure you can relate to this love/hate relationship you can have with it. If it were our relationship status on Facebook it would read something like: It’s complicated. But to me, the most real things in life always are. And they are always changing and always evolving. Here’s a collection of 10 Meditation quotes to inspire you. To remember why we meditate for real, in our heart of hearts. So cheers to working on the most important relationship out there: the one with self.
1.“Repeated performance of an action creates a mental blueprint… Your life follows the grooves that you yourself create in the brain.” -Source unknown
It takes 21 days to build a new habit. Wanna try it for yourself? Change the location of your kitchen trash can and watch how long it takes you to remember where it is. 21 days to regroove the brain and create a new habit for yourself. So be kind to yourself and be patient, persistence is key.
2. “We are not talking about suppression, we are talking about transmutation. Rechanneling, that’s the whole science of Yoga. Rechanneling your energy. Creating new patterns of thinking. New patterns of the emotional life.” -Source Unknown
Transmute all of your wasted energy into something more beneficial for the world.
3. "What’s the key to success? Concentration powers. You meditate to achieve the concentration powers.”
The number one underestimated superpower: concentration. Your ability to lay your unbroken focus/awareness on one point. If you can do that, you can do anything. With your focus, indeed nothing is impossible- it is just improbable.
4. “When someone is in deep meditation, we’ve seen changes in the brain. What we’re seeing during meditation practice is a very substantial decrease of activity in the part of the brain which normally helps us to create a sense of separation.” -Source Unknown
Our ability to tell that we are separate from the people around us lies within the amygdala. It’s in our reptilian brain, in the brain stem. The more you meditate, the more you access a different area in your brain, losing the ability to separate yourself from everything around you- all is one.
5. “Just like the beam of a motion picture, so is everything made of shadows and light. Nothing else than that. There’s one purpose: to get to the beam.” -Paramahansa Yogananda
Unbroken focus: get to the beam. Stop falling for the egos’ mischief. Stop getting distracted by life’s curveballs. Stop trying to arrive somewhere to be happy. Happiness is not a destination, it’s a way of life. It’s the way in which you see the world. Everyone is God in drag. Get to the beam, stay on the beam, the beam is all that matters.
6. “‘Meditation. Meditate.’ That’s what he said. Meditation being the catchword.” - Paramahansa Yogananda
It’s funny how the one thing you know you need to do (in the same way you know brushing your teeth is what you need to do) is the one thing you avoid with a 10 ft. pole. Internal dialogue can go a little something like this “I know I need to meditate but how about first I clean the whole house?” -cleans the whole house. It happens to the best of us.
7. "Within us is a secret longing to remember the light, to step out of time in this dancing world. It’s where we began and where we return.” -source unknown
We meditate to remember who we are. Sometimes, in life, we surround ourselves in darkness so we remember that we are not that.
8. “Eighty percent of success is showing up” -source unknown
Just show up. 5 minutes at the least. Use a breath control exercise (pranayama) like Nadi Shodanum (alternate nostril breath). Find a legit comfortable seat, that’s super important.
9. “Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don’t claim them. Feel the artistry moving through you, and be silent.” -source unknown
It’s not you. It’s moving through you. You are bearing witness to it. We are a part of it. We are not the magic but the magic is part of us. We are the conduit. Empty your vessel and become the observer. Let it flow through you.
10. “The grass must bend when the wind blows across it.” -source unknown
Things come up. Not always comfortable things. Let your mind bend like grass. Let your spirit bend so that it doesn’t break. Realize those thoughts aren’t you, who you really are. The you that is unchanging; that cannot be born and cannot die; that which exists without the body.
Meditation is a difficult thing to work into our schedule, as all important things are. But try to remember who you are. Remember why you are here. Practice. Find your way back to your inner self, that creature that sits within the walls of flesh. That moves and contemplates, creates, allows, and is. Bathe your body, brush your teeth, wash your face, cook your food, and meditate. Catchword being meditate.
5 Must Have Styles to Illuminate your Spring Wardrobe
Step into this new season with a fresh perspective and a fresh new look! Discover our Blue Peony Collection filled with alluring floral hues and refined styles. Bloom into your best dressed self. Shop these styles here.
If you liked this blog, check out our other blogs like: "Style Notes: 5 Spring Styles to Elevate Your Wardrobe", or "Morning Rituals", "The Five Love Languages: Applied to Self", and " 6 things I wear when I work from home"