SHOP GLAMOUR GODDESS
The holiday season is right around the corner and though it is considered the most wonderful time of the year, for many it also feels like the most stressful. This season is meant to be a gift for you, just as much as it is for everyone else. So instead of grinning and bearing it, let's combat it! Here are some tips to help you de-stress and really relish this season of joy (and all year long!):
6 Ways to De-Stress
1. Hit the mat. Yoga is known for its invitation to live a life of peace and joy. If you're feeling particularly swamped and stressed out this weekend, it's probably even more of a reason to take some time to get on your mat either at a nearby studio or at home.
2. Take a walk. Go for a walk in a lush, green area. Studies have shown that time in nature and green spaces lift the spirit and invite your brain into a meditative state. Take a short walk by your house, or if you have the opportunity, plan to go for a longer hike in an upcoming weekend.
3. Make a cup of tea. Chamomile is our favorite! The soothing properties of this herbal tea calm and soothe worn-out nerves.
4. Practice Gratitude. Keep a notepad or journal by your bed and every night before falling asleep, jot down five things you're thankful for. This small gesture has the power to realign your entire perspective. Focusing on what you're thankful for opens your eyes to how rich and beautiful your life truly is - even in the midst of the rough patches. You will find this practice relaxes the mind and heart almost immediately.
5. Do something you love. Make time for a friend you've been meaning to hang out with, pamper yourself with a massage this month, or simply lose yourself in a good book. Taking intentional time for the things we enjoy isn't an option or a luxury... it's a necessity!
6. Put on some tunes. Music can be the perfect balm for a burdened heart. Kahlil Gibran said, "Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” We've collected some of our favorite tracks that put us right at ease: